CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The submission period has now ended and submitted abstracts and papers are currently under review. Acceptance to present at ACE 2019 will be advised via email on Wednesday 7 May.
If you have any queries in the meantime, please contact Samantha on email or 03 6234 7844
Submissions of papers or extended abstracts from all areas of economics are invited for presentation at ACE 2019. Submissions from PhD students are particularly welcome. Proposals for a session of three to four contributed papers on a topic, with a session chair, are also welcome. Each contributed paper will be allocated 30 minutes (of which it is expected that 20 minutes would be for the presentation, and 10 minutes for questions and discussion).
- Submissions must be received no later than 10 April 2019.
- Submissions must be submitted electronically via the presentation portal.
- Submissions may be made either in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Portable Document File (.pdf) format.
- Extended abstracts should be at least 1000 words and include clear statements about: the research question(s) addressed; how the research question(s) relate to the existing literature; motivation for studying the research question; details of the methodology applied and any preliminary findings.
- Please ensure that all acknowledgements, references, contributors or sources of information are attributed appropriately in the full paper or extended abstract.
- A biography of the proposed presenter must be provided for all submissions and should be no longer than 250 words.
Criteria used to review proposed presentations will include:
- The significance of the topic to economic research and policy;
- The extent of the original contribution;
- The soundness of the methodology and interpretation of findings;
- The clarity of presentation;
- Preference will be given to those who submit full papers and meet the above criteria to a high degree.
- Full papers and extended abstracts of presentations will be reviewed by the Conference Organising Committee, with advice from referees.
- All decisions will be communicated on 7 May 2019 (subject to change).
- All presenters will be expected to pay the Conference registration fee and are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- Presenters must be registered by 17 May 2019 (close of Early Bird) when the final program will be prepared.
- The decision of the Conference Committee will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- A windows-based PC and data projection facility will be provided for all presenters, together with microphone at the lectern and laser pointer. Presenters may want to consider using a pdf file as this will ensure that all original features of the presentation are preserved.
- Typically the room will be set up with either one large screen or dual projection.
- The ratio for your Power point or pdf presentation should be 16:9.
- Presenters are requested to bring their presentation with them on a USB drive and present themselves to the AV Technician in the Speakers Preparation Room at least 4 hours prior to the scheduled presentation.
- If you are presenting on the first day, please arrive early to avoid delays.
- If you’d like to use your own laptop or MAC to present, please also advise prior to your arrival at the Conference, so that we can accommodate your request.
Special Conference Issue of the Economic Record
Participants are reminded that a Special Conference Issue of the Economic Record will be published based on papers presented at ACE2019. Submissions to the Special Issue are to be made online at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ecor. Authors should select the submission type as a “Special Conference Issue Paper”. To be considered for the Special Issue submission needs to be completed by 19 August 2019. The review process is expedited, with first-round decisions to be completed by the 29 November 2019 (and all final decisions completed by early March 2020). The Special Issue based on ACE2019 will be published in June 2020.
Special Issue of Economic Papers from the 2019 Australian Conference of Economists
The Economic Papers is calling for submissions for a special conference issue from papers presented at the 2019 Australian Conference of Economists.
All presenters and their co-authors are invited to contribute papers to this issue.
All papers will be reviewed as per the journal policy. Manuscripts should be submitted following the author guidelines at www.onlinelibrary.wiley.com.
Please indicate in the cover letter that you would like your paper to be considered for the ACE 2019 special conference issue.
The deadline for submission of papers is 30 September 2019. Any inquiries may be directed to the journal’s Editor, Rachel Ong, at firstname.lastname@example.org.